Monday, February 26, 2007

I'll have what she's having...


my rainbow sandwich !
Originally uploaded by 7oO7oO.

I have been known to eat some weird dishes in my time. I'm right at home stuffing my face with wriggly octopus tentacles, or escargots drizzled in melted butter and garlic, or sauerkraut and fat bratwurst wrapped in rye bread. Oh man, just the thought of it...

But today I went to the "Corner Bakery" for lunch and managed to stump all my colleagues. Because I ordered the brand new turkey sandwich. I hate turkey. Not only that, but I hate artichokes and guess what? There they were in all their vinegary glory.

But rather than pick them off, I stuffed them all in my face and gave it a red hot try. I could only eat half of it. The asagio cheese bread is inspired, let me give it that much.

I can't even tell you why I ordered a sandwich whose predominant ingredients I find pretty unpalatable. Did I think that the roasted balsamic onions and the basil pesto would rescue the sandwich? I'm not sure what mayonnaise was heaped onto it, but it certainly did not help. The spinach was good, but seriously - can you screw up spinach?!

So all up, it was a fairly unfavourable foray into food at lunch time today. I will have to do better next time. Maybe ask for everything on the side. Because you've just gotta like it how you like it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you just blogged about the turkey sandwich you had for lunch today. Ha-ha!

Anonymous said...

I'd rather NOT have what she's having...!!

Unknown said...

Wow, tough crowd. What can I say - it's been a slow news week!

Anonymous said...

wasnt casting aspertions on the quality of your blog, just the contents of the sandwich :)

ps: i kinda like smoked turkey though - just the other stuff would have ruined it for me