Friday, January 05, 2007

When time (and you) are flying


Time
Originally uploaded by Green Photowell.

I have been awake for about 25 hours now and so far, I have not gone mental. I have, however, gone back to Chicago and it was wonderful to see Lexie and Preston again. The puppy had no trouble remembering who I was, and went into his usual excitable convulsions when he saw me, which was lovely. No such reaction from Lexie of course, but I will let that slide.

I am being kept alive by the restorative power of a hot shower, and the promise of delicious take-out on its way to me as I type this. Hurrah.

You will also be pleased to know that I did not wish ill on the three screaming children who kept me awake on the 13-hour flight from Melbourne to LA. Nor did I do my complete banana at the clowns that oversee the farce that is the immigration section at LAX. Standing in line for more than an hour - with no coffee - is clearly how I want to spend my early mornings. NOT.

But the moral of today's story is that all good things come to an end, and my lovely holiday in Adelaide (and subsequent flights from hell to get back), have been no exception.

Now I just need to remember which bus to catch to work on Monday morning and we'll be just fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see (hear?) you made it AOK. We miss you from this end already but know that we wont have to wait over 12 months until the next time we meet.

The DVD of your holiday with us should be on its way to you next week - just need to 'tidy it up' a bit. Can't have Lexie thinking that we're all raw prawns over here.

Hope your mates over there had a good Xmas and Happy New Year and I'm sure the stories will begin to emerge as time goes by .... looking forward to hearing them.

Unknown said...

Transcontinental flying with or without a transatlantic interdenominational spiritual guide will leave anyone worse for wear! Glad you're safe and sound in your quasi home, now find a way to get on back to the real one!!