Sunday, January 07, 2007

Coming back to 'life'


Checkout
Originally uploaded by DCE.

Looking down at my passport, I see immigration stickers and it's only then that I realise I have been on holidays. If it weren't for those little smudges of ink, how would I tell?

If I look around my bedroom, it's not immediately obvious that I spent the last 3 weeks on the other side of the world. My luggage has been put away, my clothes are all clean and in their drawers. If I didn't get up at lunch time today, I would never have guessed I was still jetlagged. Because other than general fatigue, my life bears no tell-tale signs that I even had a holiday!

Today we even went to the supermarket and I made a huge batch of fantastic "Miracle Soup", to help Lex and me kickstart our slimming regime. While she's shovelling money at the Weight Watchers beast, I'm participating for free - but still committed in spirit.

Tomorrow I'm back at work and no one, not even me, has any idea how that's going to pan out. Will I fall asleep at lunch time? No wait, before that - will I even get out of bed in time to make it to work? The mind boggles.

All I know is, my wardrobe is stocked full of 'new' clothes that I lugged here from home, and all my 'old' stuff is in the Salvation Army bin by the supermarket. New wardrobe for a New Year. Bring it on.

Now how do I get a wake-up call for tomorrow morning?!

No comments: