Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Step away from the candy corn

Today is officially Halloween Day and I don't want to know about it. This year, the Halloween celebrations have ruined my vital organs. My kidneys, liver, and pancreas are all suffering the ill-effects of daily sugar comas, combined with waaaay too much beer.

And obviously the universe hates me, because this 'bah humbug' to Halloween coincides with Trick Or Treat activities happening tonight. Little kids, in every manner of spooky costume, will come bashing on my apartment buzzer to beg for our leftover candy. What leftover candy?! I wonder if Lex and I can sit quietly and watch TV and pretend we're not home. Will the kids just go away?

Had a lovely catch-up dinner with Caro last night though, at an adorable neighbourhood bar with an equally adorable bartender. Perhaps more blog-worthy news to follow about that at a later stage.

No comments: