Sunday, October 29, 2006

The scariest part of Halloween

Having (just) survived my second Halloween ever, I can honestly say that the scariest part of the Halloween process is the morning after. Sweet cracker biscuit, the party was punishing. If I tell you that we actually finished a keg of beer, you will have some appreciation for the beating our bodies took at the party. Fortunately I was not doing Jager shots at 3am - I left Lex to represent me there.

Our guests all wore costumes that were imaginitive and funny and from what I can recall early on, the party was a blast. Then things got a bit fuzzy and I remember people doing beer bongs out on my porch. They're not so big in Australia, but it deals with a plastic hose, and a funnel at one end, and your mouth at the other end. It looks terrifying and though Lex is apparently the Wisconsin State Champion Beer Bonger, the idea of it made me wretch. So I spent much of the night wandering up and down my hallway, pausing to chat with guests, and wondering why my Nicole Richie costume didn't work out like I'd hoped. The ballet flats I got were cute though. They had glitter on them, so enough said.

One of the guys that came to our party wore the swan costume that Bjork wore to the Oscars that year. The morning after our party, I firmly believed that someone had blown up a pelican in our apartment. White feathers were strewn as far as the eyes could see. It reminded me of the party we'd thrown back home when Jems and I woke up to find blue jelly in our kitchen sink and confetti in our toilet. Now THAT was a party. Lex and I were not conscious for much of yesterday, and I felt like I'd suffered severe frontal lobe trauma so we reclined for most of the day, after having attempted a half-hearted clean up before collapsing on the sofa with an order of Chinese take-out. I even had to have 2 showers yesterday cause I passed out with wet hair after the first dip and woke up with my hair standing straight up on end. Sweet.

Today of course I feel much more human, and have had fun times looking over Lexie's Halloween photos and videos. For some reason I forgot to even take my camera out of my bag all night so I haven't got any images to share. But given how ill I felt yesterday, perhaps that's a good thing after all.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just the one keg? You're losing form Gab!!!

How many Pumpkin Pies?

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin Pie?

What about Peacan Pie.....but you have to say it like Billy Crystal in When Harry Met Sally - peeeecan Pie!