Thursday, October 26, 2006

Getting our spook on early


halloween
Originally uploaded by Osvaldo.

Every time Lexie even mentions making pumpkin pie, I turn my nose up. It's become our little running joke cause she knows I don't like it. I keep telling her that cold pumpkin is a punishment in Australia, as I travel back in time to the days when I wasn't allowed to leave the dining table until all my veggies were eaten. [No such thing happens now of course!]

And still we played the game the other night when we were talking about tomorrows Halloween party at our apartment. She's going to make mini pumpkin pies. Accordingly, I turned my nose up a number of times, but just a tiny bit. Oh you can roast me some pumpkin, even make it into soup, just don't cool it down, sprinkle cinnamon all over it, and expect me to eat it. Blech.

I like the idea of Halloween but I don't have much of a sweet tooth so I don't like the candy and all that crap that goes with it. I need to get organised tonight and, in addition to cleaning this pigsty of a house, I want to get to the store and buy some savoury food goodies for our guests that, like me, don't want the 2am sugar rush when I'm trying to pass out.

Are there any savoury fans out there like me? The shelves of spooky and sugary goodness that has been packed in the stores since September suggests to me that I am, in fact, alone in taking this anti-sweet thing stance. Sigh oh well.

The good thing about hosting the party tomorrow night is that, if it rains, I don't have to go anywhere. I will however have to get out of the house on Saturday night - the REAL Halloween - to go and enjoy the scary fun at Mel & Tongue Ring Dave's across the other side of town. And yes, tomorrow night's Nicole Richie costume is getting recycled on the weekend too. Sweet.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't think you can pop 'Tongue Ring Dave' in the end sentence and get away with it little Miss cheese & crackers - yum cheese & crackers - new blog re: Dave and teh story of the tongue ring required post haste!

Anonymous said...

Gaarbi... you must know a lot of Dave's to have to personalise them: Eyebrow ring Dave; 4 rings in the left ear Dave; stud in the nose Dave; ring in the bottom lip Dave; nipple ring Dave - any more?

Unknown said...

Haha I call him Tongue Ring Dave to protect his identity. He is Mel's fiance. I don't bother protecting her identity cause she's from my hometown!