Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Will you still need me, will you still feed me?


Catch it.......
Originally uploaded by paper by design.

Perspective is an intersting thing and admittedly, I don't always have it. My horoscope today confirmed this, when it suggested to me that I seek out the glamorous and romantic solutions to life's problems, at the same time being blissfully unaware that it's my preferred style.

Interesting and probably, though very slightly, true.

This afternoon's phone call from Jenn brought me back to earth, more or less, as Jenn mused about her own search for perspective (she's a Leo too, by the way). Jenn's point of view was to apply "The 90-year old" theory. That is to say, when you're a drooling 90-year old in the nursing home, will you still be dwelling on this problem?

Jenn's is obviously a theory from the "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff" stable and I hear her. In fact, I think it makes lovely sense. It's about letting go of the stuff that really doesn't matter in the long run, and will ultimately be lost in the fullness of time (or my own misty brain and drooly demeanour). Either way, I think it helps you shake off the drama, and grin and bear the day. I'm sure Steven Covey and that "Who Moved My Cheese" guy would be pretty impressed.

So for the foreseeable future, I'm going to approach life's dramas with my usual Leo flair for the glamorous, but as a 90-year old, with all the drool and wisdom that it brings. Let's see what happens.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So this must mean you're embracing the knee and ankle sag stockings finally??

Unknown said...

Are you kidding? Glamour, lady - plus my mother sent me a box full of Razzamatazz!

Anonymous said...

Good, I'm glad you're taking on this new approach Gab. I think it will help you cope better at Christmas time when you find your room is now my gym work-out room and your wardrobe is empty....mine's not, but yours is. Mwahaha

Unknown said...

Woohoo - 3 weeks in Australia and all I have to do is wear my bathrobe and my hair in curlers. Sweeeeeeet.

Anonymous said...

Gaarbi,
Confession: I borrowed your purple bath robe last week.

Anonymous said...

A bathrobe and your hair in curlers for 3 weeks eh? Does that still include showering?

hahah I remember that doofus at the video store saying that he only showered when his skin went flaky. EW!!!! **how the hell we even got into that conversation with him, I'll never know**