Tuesday, August 08, 2006

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel


trademark
Originally uploaded by twoHands.

Well, I actually went and did it. I arrived at the Club this morning before 6.30am, intending to do a yoga class, but decided at the last minute that I would swim instead.

Only two other guys were in the six-lane pool at that time of the morning, so the sight of my bathing suit-clad body caused only minimal public retinal damage. I was able to swim laps for about 30 minutes (with a few stops in between) before I decided that I am indeed an unfit slob who needs to go a little easier on herself. But no one really saw me struggling and I was pleased for that.

I was also pleased for the privacy after my swim. I'm not one of those get-changed-infront-of-everyone people, so it was a relief to me that the locker room was deserted. I took my time sampling all the freebie beauty products on offer to Club members. I smelled all the shampoos, squirted all the hand lotions, and spritzed all the deodorants on offer before anyone could walk in and see me. Sweet.

And on reflection, my moments of solitude were blessings for yet another reason - I've got water in my ears and I swear I can hear the ocean, and not much else. My colleagues are under strict instructions not to sneak up on my today under penalty of having some stealthy ninja moves busted out. Actually that's not really true. Don't let on, but I think my muscles are settling back into place after the swim, and they're not feeling too hot right now. Any sudden moves will probably paralyse me. Is this what getting fit does to you?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Gabster .... swimming and ears full of water, or yoga and ears full of yogurt?? What would Yoda say at such a time .... hmmmmm!!!

Unknown said...

(in my best Yoda voice):

Mmm doing it wrong, you are...
Stay in bed tomorrow, you should...

Anonymous said...

Continue to take your medication, you should.....

(hahahaha)