Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Let there be light?


Remember Kids...
Originally uploaded by SimonL.
When my Granny found out I was going to live in Chicago, she worried I'd get mixed up "in the Hood". I don't think she knew what she was talking about, but it was a fair enough warning anyway.

It would appear however, that my Granny should have been more worried about my Aussie friend Rockin' back home, whose brush fence was set alight last night. A Good Samaritan extinguished the blaze much to Rockin's grateful delight, but for heaven's sakes - the fence is right next to her bedroom! I don't need to dwell on what might have happened had the fire been started after she'd fallen asleep.

So I'm going to reiterate my offer to Rockin' that she come to my house in Chicago and hide out for her 40th birthday next year, just like she'd suggested (albeit in jest) some time ago. With gay men to my left and right, a police station two streets away, and no brush fences anywhere in sight, Rockin' will be perfectly safe.

No comments: