Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Walking Dead

Fatigue is a funny thing. I would not normally consider myself to be a scatty person, but when I got back to the Hotel at 10.30pm last night, I was unable to remember my room number and had to go back down to the lobby to apologise to the concierge for being a dumbass that just doesn't listen to directions.

And while I dressed for bed within about 14 seconds of getting into my room, I was a little scatter-brained about where I'd left things, and what clothes I had or hadn't brought with me. I even checked my cell phone alarm about 10 times before going to sleep, just to make sure I wouldn't let anyone down today.

The result of this brain strain is my current zombie-like appearance. Like yesterday, I will spend most of today fuelled by strong coffee, and honey on toast. I figure the caffeine and sugar will sustain me for the time being. Yummo.

I have also turned my work CD up super loud and am flying the flag for Australia by playing Missy Higgins and Powderfinger music. Bless.

No comments: