Sunday, April 02, 2006

Buon Appetito

So Courtney and Irene invited me out to Court's house and we decided to have an Italian theme. I wanted to contribute some sort of Jamie Oliver theme to the night, so I tried to make a bread-and-butter pudding with some Baileys and bananas added in, but I needn't have bothered. Because what I ended up with was a giant banana omlette!

Yeah okay so that didn't work but thank god I was able to make affogato - you know, the scoop of ice cream, hot shot of espresso, and a shot of Baileys? Well it was delicious. I am just sad that I had to ditch a whole bread & butter Baileys omlette. I'm sure in some part of the world it is quite a delicacy....just not here...


3 comments:

kilabyte said...

Tira misu didn't come into it???? You've got a good reputation with that one.

Unknown said...

Oh how short the memory becomes whan one settles back down - I remember times when you would have thought that was a delicacy and had the elbows out to get to it!

Anonymous said...

You may have made a banana omlet but can you make "rock scones"?

I know I can!! hahah