Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Sorry, I got Sidetracked


IMG_7293
Originally uploaded by DORM'd.
I forgot to update you on a fantastic night out that I enjoyed recently. I've mentioned before that I live in Boystown, a suburb of Chicago so called because of its high population of gay men. Lots of handsome eye candy, none of whom look twice at me. But that's okay, I can deal.

In addition to its high population of attractive residents, another thing this suburb does well is party. And "Sidetracks" is one such gay pub that just knows how to show its patrons a good time.

Lexie took me along to her (gay) boss's birthday party at "Sidetracks" the other night. Monday nights are Musical Sing-a-long nights at the bar, and my god it was so much fun!

It took me two frosty vodka drinks to warm up, but by the end of the second drink, I was joining in with the boys singing Julie Andrews numbers, and doing bad impressions of Liza Minnelli. It was a riot.

I did "Grease" duets with a guy named Patrick, and danced to Moulin Rouge numbers with a dreadlocked black guy. Oh it was so much fun.

And if any Broadway producers are reading this, you need look no further than "Sidetracks" in Chicago to find your next musical theatre talents. These boys may be amateurs, but inside each one of them is a stage diva waiting to bust out. They can sing, and they can dance, and their breadth of musical knowledge just left me star-struck.

And given that Lexie's boss and his friends have adopted me, I get the feeling I'll be going back to tread the boards soon enough.

1 comment:

kilabyte said...

Blackduck - welcome back. Thought you'd gone to that big blog in the sky.