Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Where women glow and men plunder

It's taken me a few days to recover from the Aussie party held at the weekend. Everyone I've spoken to had an absolute blast, and I can only agree with them. There would have been over 400 people crowded into the Cubby Bear next to Wrigley Field here in Chicago, and the dance floor was THE place to be. The band that we had was fantastic, and the crowd was really well-behaved. I didn't even leave until closing time, around 2.45am. Not a bad innings for me, eh?

So now I'm recovering from the early stages of the flu, and am home today to recuperate with hot coffee and the Food Network on TV. I sang so loudly and for such a long time on Saturday night that I'm still effectively hoarse, a condition only compounded by my cold. But I need to get better because I fly to Scotland on Thursday. At least I'll sleep most of the way - and I think after Saturday night's effort, I could do with some of that respite too.

No comments: