Thursday, January 12, 2006

Weekend Road Trip


Wisconsin State Line
Originally uploaded by patriarca12.
Since arriving in Chicago in October, I haven't actually been anywhere. Isn't that weird? Considering how much travelling I've done since I left Australia, it shocks me that I've kept a very low profile since coming to Illinois.

But that is about to change.

This weekend I'm heading to Wisconsin with Lexie, to celebrate her Mum's birthday with a family dinner at a fantastic restaurant near their house. I have already been instructed to have the pecan-crusted chicken. So there.

I am also apparently being taken out to a bar that - eek - doesn't have a dance floor. Apparently the entire state of Wisconsin is stuck in a Footloose-inspired timewarp that basically outlaws dancing. But just to be cruel, they do have bands and they do have juke boxes. What kind of crazy state am I heading to?

Full report to follow, provided I don't get run out of town first. Actually, if that happens perhaps it will make for a rather interesting post!

No comments: