Friday, December 23, 2005

Everybody's waiting for the man with the bag


Happy Holidays!
Originally uploaded by whitneybee.
Well it's that time again and Chicago is celebrating. There aren't many people around the City today, but those that are have big smiles on their faces and pleasantness abounds.

And I am suffering the after-effects of last night's pleasantness at Caroline's Christmas drinks. UGH.

Caro's parents are over from the UK and last night was the first time I'd met them. Her father is an anaethesitist so you would think that he would be a bit more moderate in his wine dosages. But hell no. With a shrug and a sage "It's Christmas", he kept filling and re-filling my glass. And I obeyed doctor's orders. But I hate him now.

This Christmas weekend should be full of fun and food. I am getting my hair cut, I'm cooking roast lamb, and I'm visiting Caroline and her parents (sans wine this time) on Christmas Day. Oh and plus, my home phone is connected so I can talk to my family on the big day too.

I would give anything to be Down Under this year but, since I can't be, I am glad that Chicago is giving me good weather and happy citizens, and that sounds to me like a great weekend line up.

Happy Christmas to All xox

No comments: