Monday, October 31, 2005

Zips and Pockets and Velcro - oh my!


Calvin & Hobbes 14
Originally uploaded by tmichaelmurdock.
I shopped on Michigan Avenue yesterday which was a very pleasant way to spend a Sunday. In fact, I'd wager that it's a good way to spend just about ANY day.

Both sides of the Magnificent Mile, as it's known here, are lined with shops ranging from 'high end' like Chanel, to my end, like H&M. Bliss.

So I went into 'The North Face' to see a man about a coat. As you do. I have been doing informal research (ie watching people on the bus) to see what brands are popular, and what coats I should be considering to buy for myself. I chose to visit The North Face primarily because it is very trendy, but also because it seemed the more popular of the ranges on the street. I figure if so many people are buying it, there must be something in it. Yes, my keen fashion sense people. Observe and learn.

Well what a trip it turned out to be. I came away without John's phone number (unfortunately), but with a stunning black ski jacket that can accommodate a fleecy jacket zipped into it. The jacket is thick and toasty on its own but you can elect to zip an extra layer of warmth around your being, if you so desire it. Plus it zips and clips in all the right places, so I won't be faced with some cold wind blowing right up my jacket.

Isn't that something?

Plus it's black, Mum, so it won't show the dirt as much.

John earned his commission in my book, so well done to him. If you're in the Chicago area, my friends, pay a visit to the North Face. Michigan Avenue. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: