Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Are you on drugs?


Walgreens
Originally uploaded by Fahad Inc..

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the store that has surpassed the UK chain "Boots" in my 'Favourite Pharmacy EVER' poll.

Walgreens sells vitamins, makeup, toiletries, film, chocolate bars, EVERYTHING. And people serve you with a smile. Perhaps they visit the vitamin aisle a bit too often?!

I have been to the Walgreens on Illinois Street and tonight, I visited the store on Clark. I am willing to share the love (and the cash) across the City.

While I'm trying to get my American vocab down (ie. coffee to go; taxi cab; cell phone), I'm particularly grateful that Walgreens is a pharmacy and not a drugstore. I don't think that has a nice ring to it at all.

Having sampled Starbucks in various locations during this trip, I am disqualifying it from the 'Best Coffee in Chicago' poll. I think I can find a winner amongst the lesser-known (but highly numerous) alternatives across my new town. Will share the results, and the rationale, in a later post.

While we're on the subject, are there any other polls I should be conducting? Ideas in the Comments box please!

3 comments:

kilabyte said...

In no particular order and just for starters:

(1) The number of times in a week that you snog someone (preferably male), after they have bought you drinks
(2) The number of times in a month you "call home"
(3) The number of times in a month you send a "newsy" e-mail home just for the rellies
(4) The number of times in a week that you snog someone (preferably male), even though they haven't bought you drinks
(5) The time it takes in the job before you finally have to "snot" someone

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else think it's kinda creepy that Dad is talking about you snogging boys...those who have bought you drinks and those who haven't.

And according to mum, it's called "necking", not "snogging". Allow me to put "necking" into a sentence - a sentence that has haunted me for years: "Kilabyte and I use to neck all the time".

1, 2, 3: EWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Anonymous said...

the number of times u have to repeat what u said because you cant be understood due to your accent or the vocabulary used

AND

the number of times u affect an american accent so u can be understood

have fun.....