Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Your mission, should you choose to accept it


AB and I have been working through our Historic Scotland brochure to get around and see some ancient tourist sites this side of Glasgow. We've also caught the train to Edinburgh and seen some (though not even close to all) of the sites there.

But it wasn't until I found this article that I realised there is so much more to Scotland than I thought. In fact, it's a list of 100 Things To Do In Scotland Before You Die. So far between us, we've only done five:
  • Spit on the Heart of Midlothian (well, ladies don't spit, but I did acknowledge the Heart when I walked down the Royal Mile in Edinburgh);
  • Visit the Barras weekend market (bootleg cigarettes and CDs galore);
  • Read Oor Wullie/Broons annual (AB bought it, but I flicked through it);
  • Make and eat tablet (done and dusted); and
  • Eat haggis and clapshot (only get 1/2 point for this one - haven't tried clapshot yet).

So we have our work cut out for us. Some of the challenges are easy, like riding The Clockwork Orange (the underground) around Glasgow; while others take a bit more planning, like renting a remote hut on the Isle of Mull.

But each of these 100 entries sound so different, I can't wait to get started.

No comments: