Wednesday, August 10, 2005

But would Prue and Trude sell it?


An article from Melbourne's 'The Age' newspaper today made me smile but not because it is particularly funny per se. The article talks about a new fashion trend for this coming season, currently adorning the catwalks of the major Aussie department stores.

We're talking about neo boho. Apparently it is about all things ethnic and incorporates chunky jewellery, big handbags, shoes with wedged heels, and anything crochet.

But even the eclectic components of neo boho didn't make me laugh. It was when I read it out loud, and realised I was speaking exactly like Prue and Trude from the hysterical 'Kath & Kim'. Now THAT'S funny.

[Editor's Note: It is unfortunately completely UNfunny if you've no idea who I'm talking about - sorry]

No comments: