Thursday, August 25, 2005

Take a hike!


Tomorrow is my last day of this temping assignment, before I head off to Italy with my parents and aunt. Yahoo the time has come!

And for mine, one of the best bits about the break is that I can hang up my corporate wardrobe for 4 weeks and live in the same three outfits, recycled over and over. All unironed, naturally.

There is something liberating about being a slob while on holidays. Maybe I reason that a bedraggled appearance acts as a deterrent to gypsies and pickpockets, who knows?

And while I love the travel-sized toiletries, and how everything on a plane comes wrapped in its own little packaging, a non-stop travelling life wouldn't be for me. I couldn't live out of a suitcase all the time.

If I did, I'm sure that the concept of travel would become a chore akin to waking up for work on a Monday morning (or any morning during winter). I'd groan, I'd execute a spectacular eyeball roll, and I'd try to invent every reason in the world not to do it.

And if travel become a drain for me, I would run the risk of never again being able to appreciate the jittery butterflies in my stomach when I think about all the fun things I'm going to see on the next holiday. And I wouldn't trade those butterflies for anything.

2 comments:

Jess and Peter said...

Have a great holiday Gab!

Unknown said...

Haha I'm sure I can manage that one, J.