Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Dog-paddling Prisoner



When I was carrying on about looking for an end to bad news, I fear I may have got carried away with the results of my search for happiness.

My latest 'good news' find is "a hoot and a half" (direct quote) from America. Jake, a golden retriever (evidently not pictured here) leapt into the waters off Alcatraz and joined his owner in a 2.01km swim to the mainland, as part of the 10th annual Alcatraz Invitational Plunge.

The story continues to say that the dog's swim was fuelled by an egg breakfast. Hehe I can imagine that those eggs gave him some pretty good forward momentum - and a clear berth all around him too. Hehe sorry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A challenge for Barkley maybe?

Unknown said...

Barkley would be back on shore scoffing more eggs

kilabyte said...

Knowing Barkley it would have been more like "Errhh!! you want me to do what?? Water??? I can't see Neville anywhere ... is he coming?? ... is the water warm??? .... Can I bark at the sea gulls??? Have you seen my agent yet??? This is all too hard, I think I'll have a lie down while you work it all out for me .... let me know when you're done." (quote)(unquote)