Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Seeing how far the rabbit hole goes


Forgive me for stating the obvious here, but I'm not overworked right now. I'm not even under any sort of pressure. The biggest decision I have to make each day is what to wear to work. And even then, I know that the consequences of my decision are not what you'd call dire. So my attention has turned to dressing up my blog, uploading my photos (maxing out my Flickr account in the process), and surfing the World Wide Web.

You may have noticed that my list of links on the right hand side of this page has got a bit longer in recent weeks. I've found it a mind-boggling and eye-crossing wonder world out there. So many creative people writing so many varied blogs. I read one and just when I've learned something about that author, I want to know what blogs they're reading, so I click on their links. And so it goes. It is really easy to get lost in the 'matrix' that is Blogland, but I love it.

My online reading tastes are as diverse as my 'real' ones. I am currently devouring anything from sexual politics, workplace scenarioes, and socio-commentaries, to the trials of living abroad in France and Scotland, and the challenges presented by first-time fatherhood. I find the comments section on these sites as entertaining as the blog posts themselves. There are some clever, evocative people out there. With as much time on their hands as me right now, or so it would seem.

There's lots of fodder out there to keep a distracted girl like me amused for hours. Staying in Wonderland and getting lost down this Internet rabbithole is fun, educational, and (most importantly for me right now), time-consuming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just read your blog notes redda & parents know what your saying have spent all afternoon on the sites

Unknown said...

It's one deep rabbit hole, I tell you.