Friday, June 17, 2005

Katie Cruise? Sounds dumb.

According to the folk over at msn.com, it's official. Katie Holmes and her (much) older boyfriend of just a few months, Tom Cruise, are getting married.
Can anyone else hear a shotgun in the distance? Perhaps that's cruel. Okay, what about the sounds of a wannabe starlet riding the coat-tails of a veritable movie veteran for all she's worth? Still too cruel? Well too bad.
I should be building a bridge and simply "getting over it" but it makes me feel icky. He's too old for her, and he's too old to keep shagging the up-and-comers in Hollywood. Have some pride, man. Of course the girls are going to be all goo-gaa for him - he's rich, good-looking, successful, and well connected. And if they sleep with him, it's "So long, Casting Couch!". Oh it's just all wrong.
Am I suggesting that Nic, Pene, and now Katie are devoid of any self-pride and shagging Tommy senseless in order to make it in Hollywood? Probably, but I don't mean to suggest they ALL did it. It's just that I would feel plain sorry for Tom if they did. He would certainly have saved a lot of money on diamonds if the girls had been honest.
[Editor's note: Pene's current flame, Matthew McConaughey is a vast improvement on Tom. Well done, girl!]
And yes, before you call me on it - there is a green eyed monster lurking within this green eyed girl. I just want to reach into those photos of them together and straighten up Katie's smug little smile that just seems to scream "I'm with Maverick! I'm with Maverick!". Because I know that given half the chance she'd say, "why yes I'm sleeping with Tom Cruise, but you should also know I've got a movie out and I used to be in Dawson's Creek and bla bla me me me".
Bah, I give it 2 months.

No comments: