Thursday, February 03, 2005

All the better to see you with, my dear


Specs
Originally uploaded by tink007.

Oh joy and rapture. The anti-ageing cream I have been slathering on my face for the past 6 months seems to be working! I showed up at the optometrist today for the 'routine' eye exam (eg every 2 years), to be told that my vision has actually improved since I was last there. I have the same vision I had when I was 21 years old.

Buoyed at the transmission of such good news, I floated on a cloud around the store to select a pair of frames, guaranteed to be 50% off (another bonus, yay for me). And supported by a genuinely lovely salesperson (a rare find), the ultimate choice came down to a pair of blue frames, and a pair of pink Modo frames.

Never much of a girly girl, I tended towards the blue pair. However, there was just something about the pink pair, and so I popped them on again for one last look. The dialogue that followed went something like this:

Me: Let me just try these pink ones again
(At this point, I slam the glasses on face, and critically appraise my reflection)
Her: Oh they are very cute.
Me: I'm not sure I'm going for cute. Maybe I should be going for "take me seriously".
Her: No you're not, you're going for cute.
Me: Okay I'll take them.

And before you say it, I know - there's one born every minute.


1 comment:

kilabyte said...

I've got a bridge for sale ...........