Monday, January 03, 2005

Survey says: Men are boring?

A very interesting article was brought to my attention today, from the ABC's news website (love it). This tasty treat was relegated to the "offbeat" section of that website, and I'll leave you to decide whether that was appropriate; however, it is very blog-worthy, given it demonstrates the big, weird world that single, smart women do live in.
In posting previous drafts to this blog entry, I've been musing about what this survey concludes.
  • The survey is suggesting that men are marrying women less intelligent than themselves, but are instead looking for women with obviously something (or two significant things) in their favour instead?
  • Smarter women (notwithstanding chest size) are concluding that remaining bachelors are not sufficiently interesting to compel them to strut down the aisle.

Cynics unite!! I guess the survey would be concerning if I cared about getting hitched - and, thankfully, I just don't. And perhaps it's a good thing too because the article closes with the thoughtful summation:

"In many ways he (the smart man) wants a woman who is an old-fashioned wife and looks after the home, a copy of his mum in a way."

Say it with me, peeps: EWWWW.

Oh and another thing. An alarming fact about this survey is that it was conducted by leading Scottish universities. Should I be heading to Scotland if the smart lasses living there have already concluded that their kilt-wearing male counterparts are dullards? Ach, help.

No comments: