Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Butler. Gerard Butler.

gerry
gerry,
originally uploaded by tink007.

Since the lotto win came rolling in yesterday, all $22.45 of it, I've got a bit of the betting bug.

So I'm putting it out there people. Gerard Butler will be the new 007.

If he doesn't look entirely familiar to you right now, this Glaswegian's beautiful face has most recently been half-obscured by a Phantom mask. If Ian Fleming didn't write a musical number into any of his Bond works, someone should get onto it, for this is one talented fella.

Oh and I'm casting myself as Moneypenny. You've got to get in early on these things.

My confidence in betting this guy comes from the fact that I've given some thought to other 'stars' rumoured to be frontrunners for the role:

Jude Law - too pretty
Jonny Lee Miller - too 'period drama'
Colin Firth - too Darcy
Hugh Grant - too scary to contemplate
Colin Farrell - too pottymouthed
Robbie Williams - too tattooed
Eric Bana - too Chopper Reed
Hugh Jackman - money is still good on him, so don't scratch just yet

You heard it here first, folks - Gerry Butler. Swoon.

No comments: