Thursday, December 09, 2004

I'm in the wrong business

You know those times when you have something repaired, or you need to order something in, you start to realise that you're in the wrong business?
Well I went to the Travel Doctor today and got charged a stack of cash for what was, for all intents and purposes, a routine vaccination. Coupla injections here, a signature on the dotted line there, and I walked out $210 worse off. In my drug-addled haze, I was given some sort of info like "bla bla Medicare, bla bla health insurance" and at the end of it, the kind lady at the Medicare office acutally GAVE me money, but not as much as I gave the hacks at the travel doctor place. Damn.
Okay so I understand you shouldn't cut corners where your health is concerned, and with the HepA coverage even 0.00000000004ml of infected blood will pose no threat, but come on! I didn't even get a lollipop.
So in my next life, I want to come back as a Travel Doctor - a cushy office right next door to a fab Cafe with top espresso coffee, and I get to poke people with syringes and rob them blind.
What a golden career aspiration.

No comments: