Monday, December 20, 2004

I'm drunk, so it must be December

Not only does December herald Christmas, but it also brings with it near liver failure attributed to over consumption of cool, refreshing (but ultimately evil) alcohol.
Consider my program for 24 December:
  • Champagne buffet breakfast with the girls from work; and
  • Boozy long lunch with other work folk.

Obviously I haven't scheduled anything for the afternoon, because I figure that the combined effects of the morning will catch up with some time around 3pm and maybe knock me out. One hopes. For the first time in years, I have done all my shopping so I reckon I'm entitled to booze on in celebration of the Christmas season, and my own fortitude at braving the Rundle Mall hordes.

And the celebration will continue into the New Year for me, as I enjoy an 80s night at one of the major City hotels - but I got outbid for my tacky 80s costume/dress the other day, and I was too lazy to re-bid so I lost out. No matter, I'll have another glass of champagne and get back to the drawing board.

2 comments:

kilabyte said...

Come to think of it, as Nigel-no-friends I wouldn't mind a long boozy lunch with a bunch of girls .............

Unknown said...

Keep dreamin', Nige!