Sunday, October 31, 2004

Pretty in Pink

I spent Saturday night with Daz, J, and Courtney at the Flinders Medical Centre Foundation's annual breast cancer fundraiser, the Pink Ribbon Ball.

I started the night as an usher, greeting guests on arrival, and advising them where they were seated. That was the fun part, because I got to see some of the flashiest and trashiest fashions around. Actually, in some cases, I am using the word "fashion" quite loosely. And it always makes me laugh how older ladies think they can get away with newer fashions. But there were a few ladies there who looked elegant, and dressed their age. Phew.

And finally I've broken the no-cosmopolitan drought, having consumed 2 at the Hyatt afterwards (plus the margarita, which was not my fault - that was all Daz and J). Needless to say, I found it very difficult to stand up until about 3.30pm on Sunday, my head was absolutely splitting and I felt like I was going to throw up. But I kept it all in, and managed to drag myself to the supermarket to get a cold Coke and some decent headache pills from the blessed pharmacist (who I stopped short of embracing in gratitude).

And so here I am today, feeling quite nervous for tonight's Award Ceremony for the Environment Youth Art Prize. The paparazzi have been invited, so I may yet make the Adelaide social pages. I thought I would have to set myself on fire in order to make it there, but perhaps not...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I only drank it quickly to stop you from taking it - I saw that mango daquiri disappear. Oh wait, that was Daz the Boozehound!!

Anonymous said...

It pretty much covers Replica related stuff.