Monday, November 01, 2004

1,2,3....kiss boys!

Several Christmases ago (it would be about 10 actually), my sister and I thought it would be one of those cockle-warming ideas to give our parents a studio portrait of ourselves as a gift. Okay so we were probably going through a vain phase, which culminated in me buying a brand new outfit when I arrived in the City, about a block away from the photography studio.


Anyway, we were posing, surrounded in white tulle with vaseline smeared on the lens to amateurish effect and attempting to flash our brightest Macleans smiles. And then the demented photographer started doing her "thing". She bounced around behind the camera, counting us into the photograph in old school-day fashion: "1,2,3...say cheese! 1,2,3....kiss boys! 1,2,3....spaghetti legs!". You know the drill.


So it was with some relief last night at the Awards Ceremony for the Environment Youth Art Prize 2004 that I was accosted by one Courtney Brooks to 'say cheese' to the photographer of the Adelaide Matters magazine - now it's not the Sunday Mail's 'Flair' who's-who of Adelaide section, but it's close. I don't want to know what Courts told this photographer, but hopefully we make it to print and don't get left behind. Kate and I had been trying for years to make the social pages, and now I am that much closer.

And there wasn't a stuffed teddy or draped tulle in sight!

No comments: