Thursday, October 28, 2004

Quiet on the set...

There are a three things in life that really annoy me:
  1. People (except doctors) who leave their mobile phones on at the movies or a show;
  2. People who answer their mobile phones at the abovementioned functions, and then keep talking; and
  3. People who sniff incessantly when it becomes clear they have forgotten a tissue or hanky.

So imagine the fragile state I found my nerves in today at the launch of the Clipsal 500, commencing in Adelaide in March 2005 when I found myself in the midst of people who did all 3 of these taboo actions. Now given the size and girth of the people committing these social atrocities today, it goes without saying that I suffered in silence.

And quite often, I find there is always someone as socially conscious (though perhaps not as discrete....or chicken) as myself, who will "AHEM" loudly at the ringing of a mobile phone, leading to a "turn the phone off, ya jackass" when it turns out the person starts chatting. So I tend to leave mobile phone abusers alone. But it's the absence of a good Kleenex or clean hanky that really kills me.

So I ask you, is it polite at times like that to whip around and donate an unused Kleenex to the offending (nay, offensive) individual? Or are they likely to punch my lights out?

No comments: