Thursday, October 28, 2004

Wiggy dreamin'

Last night's dream took the proverbial cake for weirdness.
You might remember I expressed significant reluctance for attending my 10-year high school reunion. So I was somewhat liberated when I tendered my "thanks but no thanks" letter in the post the other day. My subconscious has clearly not let go, however, because last night I had a horrible dream that I actually turned up at the function. I was filled with apprehension when I walked through the doors, not sure who I would meet, and whether I would remember a single person after all. But imagine my shock and horror when I discovered that all my old school chums had joined some sort of gymnastic or ballet academy. As a result they were all stick-thin and fabulous, and (perhaps the worst of all), they were all best buddies!! I was completely on the outer and the fact that I turned up alone made it even worse. The girls remembered me but they were more concerned with catching up with each other and talking about the next gymnastic/ballet performance. Weird, huh?
On the upside, I woke up.
I arrived at work this morning to discover that Kate's sister Alix has entered blogland, and I've linked her site here. If you've got the travel bug, but not the finances to get you over there, visit Al's site and marvel at her travels around Scandinavia, given her recent fabulous promotion to that corner of the galaxy. Congrats on getting started Al, I look forward to reading about all your adventures!

No comments: