Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Must...get...through...week

I know "they" say that a hot, humid day is like walking through molasses, but that's what this week has been like for me in terms of my energy levels.
I've been house-sitting for a work friend this past week and looking after her "baby", Rupert. He is an adorable schnauzer and we actually got along quite well. He eyed me suspiciously the first few days (nothing new there), but by the end of my time living with him, he was sitting right on top of me and comfortable enough to lick himself quite intimately infront of me. Actually he was doing that last bit the whole time.
So I'm back in my own bed tonight, and I wonder whether a good night's sleep in familiar surrounds will fix me. Not that I wasn't sleeping well at my temporary home - the bed was soft, the shower was hot, and the couch was ahhhh just right. But I guess it's not the same.
It's weird living by yourself when the first person you talk to in the morning is someone in the Office. Okay I talked to the dog a bit at home, but I'm assured that's normal. I guess it will be nice to have my routine back - and my wardrobe! That is one thing I really missed. Living out of a suitcase, even for a week, was pretty horrible. I am so glad my work mates are polite enough not to comment on the recycling of my workwear - how many days in a row have I worn these black pants?!
I am not looking forward to the next few weeks at work. Three of my favourite people in the Office are leaving the Office in the space of two weeks and that makes me quite sad. I also know that the workload is about to pick up for me (partly as a result of their departure), and that isn't something I want to think about. I usually look forward to this time of year, what with the party season about to start and all, but something tells me this year is going to be different. I am going to have to do a bit of counting to ten in order to prevent a nervous breakdown or two I think.
But to turn to some GOOD counting, I have about 11 weeks before I leave for overseas myself. So perhaps rather than counting upwards to 10 when someone annoys me, I will start to count backwards from 56 days.....

No comments: