Sunday, November 07, 2004

I did it my waaaaaaaay

Up until late last week, I had never done karaoke. But something happened on Friday night to change all that. It's called one bottle of wine and four beers.
And so it was that I ended up at the K-Box (fab venue let me just say) at a little after midnight, crooning very badly to some dodgy tunes. And loving every minute of it. Every phrase was emphatic, every sweep of the arm perfectly timed to the music. It was absolute poetry. But the problem I had is that the karaoke tv screen lists the main song lyrics plus all the backing vocals - so no wonder I was getting lost. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Saturday morning I felt like I'd been hit by a freight train, but while I lay in a catatonic state, I was quietly smiling to myself about the fun night I'd had, wondering why I'd waited so long to throw myself into the karaoke craze. As long as they keep the beers coming, I'll keep a-warblin' on.

No comments: