Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Houston, we have a problem!

I think I'm a blog-a-holic. I've become a two-a-day poster girl.

And while that is not a problem in itself, the scary thing is that I never have anything decent to say. And now I get a chance to say nothing TWICE.

Oh wait, I know what was bugging me. I was in a bookshop at lunch time today , and I was amused to watch "the dance" that two independent shoppers carried out in the aisle.

You've all seen "the dance". It's the thing that two people do when they are consciously aware of each other, but they try and pretend they aren't looking at each other peripherally-speaking. I was in the photography section and there was one woman, crouched down looking at the bottom shelf of books, COMPLETELY unaware of the people around her. She stood up to fend off crippling back spasms, only to nearly clean up the hapless individual standing just to her left, maybe in her blind spot. And then neither of them wanted to own up to the fact that they nearly had an incident. And then they tried to over-compensate by distancing themselves from each other which meant they had to look at books they weren't even interested in. Classic.

Okay it's boring, but it was still funny.

No comments: