Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Traumatised by TV

Hark now hear, the ratings wars....

Christmas is normally my favourite time of year, but it's also a time of mixed emotions because the start of December also heralds the end of current season TV shows, and a summer full of re-runs or (worse), low budget American sitcoms.

I am quite tolerant when it comes to TV viewing, largely motivated by my lack of motivation to find the remote control and cease transmission of sub-quality TV shows. However, I do not enjoy the summer season of viewing.

Last night's television took the proverbial cake. Crazy Daz Somers is back on our screens, albeit shipped to Channel 7, commentating on a horror series called "Dancing With the Stars". There are several misnomers in that TV title, let me tell you. But what made me guffaw with mucho gusto was the realisation that Channel 7 has produced a "Dancing With the Stars" CD - just in time for stuffin' the Christmas stockin'. Pass.

So what can you buy me for Christmas, I hear you ask? Well, you'll be pleased to know I haven't even started considering it. I think sometimes it's easier to write a list of the things you DON'T want, and take it from there.

No comments: