Thursday, October 07, 2004

Worms are no laughing matter

Okay heard some interesting news today about intestinal worms. Apparently they live in Peru.

I was so pleased to hear from Meghan this morning (GO CANUCKS!), but was alarmed to read that her Aussie man's travelling buddy has picked up some hitch-hiker worms in her intestines. Now that is not a pleasant image, and I'm sure they're not a joy to have either.

But I am resolved to stay on course, and travel to Peru and live in Cuzco and climb Macchu Pichu (at least from the bus carpark). I think I will forgo some of the pleasures of life like make-up or (gulp) expensive perfume, and instead load my suitcase up with an elaborate array of over-the-counter pharmeceuticals designed to fend off nasty, wriggly pests. They will NOT inhabit my person. I will not eat anything from dodgy street vendors with big smiles and large vats full of unidentified muck. No matter how yummy it smells. I will not eat guinea pig either, national dish or not. Okay perhaps I might revise that last one - after all, when in Peru....

No comments: