Sunday, October 10, 2004

Fly me to the moon...

Friday was one of the best days I've had in some time. I went to the travel agent, buoyed by the notion that in just over 3 months I will finish work and be ready to zoom zoom fly outta here. I have only had a few mini panic attacks about it too, which is pretty good. Last night's panic was the most recent, and stemmed from a fear that Spanish terrorists would hijack my plane as I flew into Madrid. I need to read up on Spanish militancy and brush up on the appropriate hostage negotiation vocabulary just in case.

Okay so I say all of that only half in jest. There is a bit of me, deep down inside (past the usual layers of crap) that wonders just what this overseas jaunt will bring. Here is a fleeting overview of the itinerary so far. Hold on to your hats - the first few months are a whirlwind...(dates aren't confirmed yet so just roll with me here)

February 14 - leave behind the cuckoo lovers in Adelaide and jet out to LA, and do a Contiki tour of California for just over 10 days
Feburary 28 - LA to Lima, Peru with a transfer to Cuzco to commence 4 weeks' with Peru Challenge
April 12 - Lima to Madrid, spend a few days in sunny Spain, conversing with the locals in my brilliant Spanish skills garnered in Peru naturally (no terrorists need apply here)
April 15 - jet into Charles de Gaulle in Paris and stay with best friend for just over a week
April 22 - land in Istanbul to commence 14 day Turkey tour, which includes beautiful ANZAC Day dawn service (which I, ironically, won't drag my a$$ out of bed for here - go figure)
May 2 - go back to Paris and stay with Kate for 3 weekends, going out and meeting French men awww yay
??? - somehow finding gainful employment in Scotland? London? Can't quite decide....suggestions welcome
late January 06 - Singapore for 2 weeks
February 06 - return to Adelaide via Perth

Now that's a pretty loose idea of an itinerary, but the ideas are there. Now I need to do sums and see whether I can afford such extravagance. I spent the better part of yesterday diving behind the couch searching for spare change. Nuthin'.

No comments: