Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sharing and caring


The feast
Originally uploaded by jodes i am.

I have to own up that I'm not really a big fan of tapas. It's not that I have a problem with sharing my food; I don't. But I just get irritated that tapas servings are usually so teensy that you feel compelled to buy multiple plates, you feel like a glutton, and you can potentially spend a fortune. It just seems like a very costly, and unsatisfying, way to dine.

Naturally last night's dinner proved that I am a complete moron when it comes to these things. I had an absolute blast at a tapas restaurant with some Aussies. We did the typical 'plate sharing' thing and dish upon dish of tasty morsels got passed around. I chose crab cakes for my first plate - which people liked - and then the roasted eggplant with goat cheese and tomato sauces - which not many people liked. I did though, I loved it. I left the restaurant feeling full so that was good too.

And at risk of making the rest of my evening sound VERY scary, let me just tell you that I ended up hitting the town with the Burns girls - and it was soooo fun. They are sisters from Melbourne and we just went nuts at 3 different bars. We stayed until two of them closed, and I got home around 5.30am. How I'm even conscious now after such sleep deprivation is beyond me. Automatic pilot probably.

So today I'm off to brunch with L&D, and then dinner with two other friends. If I could magically squeeze in a load of laundry somewhere in there too, I think I would be a genius. But I don't think that's going to happen. Why let housework get in the way, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there sport- scottie