Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 4th!



Originally uploaded by Adventuress Heart.

Two good friends of mine own the best little wine shop in Chicago and, at the risk of sounding like a complete boozehound, I do spend a fair bit of time there. So it was lovely to receive an invitation to spend July 4th with them as they put on a delicious BBQ lunch.

Some of the wine store staff were there, as well as two of D&S's friends, and I had a great time just chilling out, having delicious meats and salads, and especially the array of wines & beers.

D then mentioned that he was having a wonderful new sectional sofa delivered very soon, and he even asked whether I would like to have - not buy - one of his other sofas. I wasn't sure I'd heard him correctly. He said all this while perched on one of the most beautiful red microfibre 2-seater sofas I've ever seen. If it were in a showroom, I would dive on it immediately. So naturally I clarified his offer and he admitted that yes indeed I was welcome to take the sofa if I wanted it. I did not hesitate. It's not a sofa bed like I originally thought I wanted for my new apartment, but I couldn't pass it up. A red sofa? Hell yeah.

The weather yesterday was gorgeous, the catering delicious, the company delightful, and the goodie bags fantastic (but heavy!). I had a wonderful 4th July and really enjoyed the chance to meet some new people. But it's hard having a day off in the middle of the week. I got up this morning really thinking it was Monday - and that has so far been really tricky to get over.

No comments: