Wednesday, May 02, 2007

How much is that fireman in the window?


fire
Originally uploaded by foreversouls.

Okay so this is a 'no judgement' blog, right?

Tonight I went along to Caffe Baci downtown with Dr G, to support my friend Bork, who was the MC at a singles auction. I had told her rather point-blank that I don't pay for dates and, even though the evening was raising funds for little kid soldiers in Uganda, I wasn't about to fork out for a fella.

Well who the hell was I kidding?!

After two vodka limes, I spent $75 on a date with a Chicago firefighter. And he's 23 years old. And he knows nothing about the restaurant we're going to, where we stand to enjoy a 3 course meal (plus wine pairings).

I have no desire to share with Mr Fireman that I got the best end of this deal. The dinner itself is valid at over $100 and I am pretty thrilled about that. And yes, whatever, I helped a good cause yadda yadda.

So why did I bid for him? I don't know. The auctioneers were friends of mine, I got caught up in the spirit of the evening, and I did something good for other people. Ugh it's enough to make you vomit.

And it's probably the only opportunity I'll ever get to legitimately date a 23 year old. So bear with me. I'll tell you all about it later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah this is a classic!!

I read your blog out loud to the girls in the office and we are all hanging out for the details on your date!

Is his last name "Smith"? :p

Anonymous said...

Well if that one doesn't work out, I'm sure Joshie back here has some mates who are still girl-friendless .......

Anonymous said...

I'll have what she's having.....