Sunday, April 08, 2007

It was eggs-actly as I knew it would be


"Norouz" is coming!...
Originally uploaded by alirezanajafian.

Good Friday's church service at Holy Name Cathedral in Downtown Chicago was just lovely (ditto the delicious fish lunch at Gibson's that followed). And a Good Friday turned into a GREAT Friday when I got to spend the rest of the evening sitting on my couch, watching bad TV and enjoying some delicious Cabernet Sauvignon that I bought when I visited Courts earlier in the day.

Saturday was a day of cleaning and laundry so there wasn't much to get excited about. But then the call came from Mero and Biggsy, summoning me to Duffy's for a few beers and to watch The Master's golf tournament on TV. The beers flowed freely and when Emily gave us a shot of Jager, I knew it was probably going to be a long night.

Fast forward a few hours and I managed to get myself home, in the shower, and out of the house again to join the Chicago footy team's pub crawl. But in true Biggsy style, the party ended up coming to us at The Wrightwood Tap, it was great. And 80s music to boot - it was awesome.

Naturally Sunday morning had to arrive in all its brutality. I was feeling immensely sorry for myself and made some pretty inspired deals with God if he would just see fit to get me through the day. And rather than loll around at home, which was admittedly my first instinct, I thought better of it and went to The Globe Pub to watch Australia kick some English butt in the cricket. It was a sweet victory.

And you know what? I didn't have my first bit of Easter chocolate until neatly 6pm tonight when I tucked into some delicious chocolate chex mix (pretzels and caramel popcorn and some sort of crunchy sweet cereal stuff). Blissful.

So all in all, it was a busy but lovely Easter break. And to think I have Easter Monday off too? This is an awesome time of year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

c'mon Ozzy
c'mon, c'mon
c'mon Ozzy
c'mon

Ozzy ozzy ozzy
oi oi oi

Numero uno in the cricketo again ...