Thursday, March 15, 2007

How much REO Speedway is too much?


Boombox Updated
Originally uploaded by jocieposse.

It is well documented that I have pretty average taste in music. Oh I like a bit of everything, it's fair to say, but my not-so-secret passion is 80s music. Really bad 80s music. Synthesizers make me smile - does that tell you enough?

So over the weekend, I downloaded a whole heap of 80s music for my ipod and I have been the proverbial Cheshire Cat ever since - grinning like a nutball on the bus to and from work every day.

In between contemporary Aussie music, my ipod shuffles around REO Speedway, the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack, and...wait for it....Roxette. Oh and Right Said Fred (I'm too sexy, anyone?). I even walked to the bus stop to the rhythm of Joan Jett. You know what I'm talking about.

If you're still reading, thank you.

But this morning - without coffee mind you - the song "Maniac" from 'Flashdance' came on. How I resisted the urge to leap out of my seat and twirl around in the manner of Alex-the-welder/dancer is beyond me. But as Mr Jackson himself said, don't stop till you get enough. And I just can't get enough. Cue the smoke machines. I feel a total eclipse of the heart coming on...

4 comments:

glamah16 said...

REO speedwagon? Flashdance, Roxette....
Where are they now? In Gabi's head!

Anonymous said...

Aw Gab I'm so there with you....

Bring on the Village People, Jackson 5 and Aha any day!

Anonymous said...

.... and while we're at it ...... Frank Sinatra, Tom Jones, Andy Williams, Poco and Dr. Hook .... not to forget the BeeGee's and Joe Cocker .... ahhhh, the 80's .....

Unknown said...

Dexy's Midnight Runners people - in honour of St Patty's Day, let's all link arms and kick our legs to "Come On Eileen"....one, two, three, everybody!!