Saturday, November 04, 2006

It's not breakfast and it's not lunch

It's no secret that if my stomach is satisifed, then so am I. And I'm only 11 hours into the weekend and already I'm setting my stomach up for a very contented weekend.

I started off with biscuits, gravy, and pork sausages at IHOP this morning (that's the "International House of Pancakes" in case you're wondering) and then later today I'm catching up with my Aussie friend Debs at a Euro cafe on Southport - the quintissential straight cafe/bar district in this neighbourhood. I'm not hungry right now of course, but a quick peek at the website for the cafe we're headed to suggests to me that it's going to be another blessed opportunity to devour some tasty treats. And a glass of crisp European wine, naturally.

Tonight I'm catching up with my friends Kerry and Trace, and we'll either continue the gourmand theme and dine somewhere close-by, or else we're do the 'sweatpants and take-out' option. Something tells me that elasticised pants will probably be a good option for me by the end of today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean you will have to pay for 2 seats on the flight home????????