Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I vote for rain and lost luggage


bound foot
Originally uploaded by romana chapman.

Reading seems to fill my head with useless trivia and one such nugget is that you can really tell a lot about someone by how they handle three things: rainy days, lost luggage, and tight shoes.

Well I am convinced that the right shoe I wore today is a half-size smaller than the left one. As such, my right foot is substantially mangled. And so continues my long-running hate campaign with Nine West shoes, no doubt worn well by Lucifer himself. I should have known better than to purchase that pair of black leather loafers way back when. Give me rainy days and lost luggage any day - but you can keep tight shoes all to yourself!

And then Biggsy commented to me that only 'certain' women (insert raised eyebrow here in a rather leering gesture) wear fishnet stockings. I did not know this. I thought that French and other sophisticated women wore them too, not just women with nocturnal business interests. Why does "Vogue" not tell me so? I always thought that fishnets were rather chic. Thoughts?

Still, I'm sure that ANY stockings on my poor shrivelled feet would seem altogether unsavoury right now. So I'm just going to stuff my tender tootsies in a fluffy pair of bed socks and call it a night.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gab you do have nocturnal business interests luv ... mostly they have to do with sales of alcomahol in pubs but it's still an interest!