Friday, October 06, 2006

365 days and counting?


classic millenium park.
Originally uploaded by D.James.

Today is my one year anniversary in Chicago and I feel pretty good about that. For someone who was fairly nomadic in the early days, it is nice to look back having spent the last year in such a beautiful city. I've managed to amass a wonderful group of friends and I really enjoy my job and my home.

Every reason to smile, right?

Of course there is now the niggling thought in the back of my mind - where to from here? But this past year has come about because I just took a leap of faith - closed my eyes and jumped, as it were. Who's to say what the coming year will bring, but I plan to approach it the same way. Not too calculated, but still sensible. And with a touch of the 'what-happens-just-happens' philosophy with which I got to this point.

And hey, as long as I keep hearing feedback that this site has been fun to read, I'll keep writing it and ensure you're kept updated on this big, weird world of mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

But who's counting right? It's been a full on year and I personally can't believe it's been that long. It may be that I have all too vivid memories of a violent hangover mid-February 2006 after out last sojourn or it could be that I just have trouble comprehending big picure issues - either way 'Congratulations'on your first full US year and here's cheers to at least a couple more with regular visit's home of course!