Thursday, August 17, 2006

29 Cupcakes and Counting....

It is now 11.26pm on the night before I turn 29 years old, and I'm actually feeling quite OK about the whole thing. Fortunately I have three small bottles of Chandon champagne inside of me, so that is dulling any adverse feelings I might have about an impending birthday....

Went to the Club tonight for a New Members Happy Hour and met some very intriguing folks. Okay I'll level with you, the Happy Hours are mostly reserved for the new male members of the Club. There is a lot of testosterone in that room. But tonight was great, I met a lot of very interesting people and swapped business cards (within reason of course - not handing those things out willy nilly anymore).

So on Friday night I'm going out with my work friends and a whole bunch of other Aussies and American friends to the Irish bar I went to the other night. Irish car bombs will abound and I just hope everyone has a good time...

6 comments:

glamah16 said...

These people you want to hand your card to. Not the Mojos of the world.

Unknown said...

Ooooh poor Mojo - I forgot all about him - he never calls, never writes.

Unknown said...

(In best singing voice) HeHem .... Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Gaaaaaaaaaabiiiii, Happy Birthday to you, hip hip hooray!!
If I were closer I'd bake you a cake and slap you 29 times but you're lucky on both counts. Have a luverley day and remember if you feel shady on your first full day of 29, it's probably the car bombs!

Jess and Peter said...

Hi Gab - your birthday is more than half over here in sunny Geneva, but over there, things should just be getting started. Have a very happy birthday! It sounds like you're in for a great celebration.

Best wishes,
Peter and Jess

Anonymous said...

that's funny that you say cupcakes...

DID YOU PEEK?

sorry there's not 29... i only had enough mix for 21, and then i ate one...so there's 20. yay!

happy birthday! i'll be drinking with you in 7 hours. weehoo.

Anonymous said...

Hey Gaaarbi .... (in even BETTER singing voice) Stolat, stolat etc etc etc ...... with love and best wishes from those of us that are here while you are there (or however that goes).
xxooxx