Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The world of high finance

Feeding 3 quarters into the washing machine last night, I got to thinking about the number of times I've had to change currencies since leaving Australia. It's hard to believe but in 16 months, my purse has contained money from seven different countries (I'm cheating a little when I include the Euro here, as everyone knows it is legal tender in more than one country, but just go with me on this).

And then I realised how long it has been since I've seen Australian money. Now that I've got the hang of the nickels, dimes, and quarters in the United States, will I slip easily back into Aussie consumerism when I return home in December? Or will I instead fumble with the coinage and become confused by the rainbow of Aussie notes?

So I'm putting out a call to my Australian readership to send me all your money, so I can get the feel for it again. I do remember that $100 bills are a beautiful green colour, so perhaps you can start there and work your way down to the smaller denominations. In order not to discriminate, I would invite my international readers to send some of their currency over too. Preferably in unmarked, non-sequential bills.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh yeahh !!! Angie and Vince are on their way via the Las Vegas office with a suitcase full of it for you ....... duhhh!!!!

Unknown said...

Tell you what I'll hang on to the bills until you get here and if you're still having trouble I'll help you out .... by explaining that a girl never carries green notes, she only ever needs credit!