Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I've got s-s-steam heat


Best Before Expiration Date
Originally uploaded by javajive.
In the night hours, something happened to me that defies the laws of both science AND nature.

I have somehow time-travelled to the tropical rainforests of Central America. The weather here today is drizzly rain, but a steamy 27 degrees Celcius. All this has combined to frizz my hair, and hurriedly ruin my good mood.

So when Mr Business Suit on the bus this morning smacked me with this leather man-bag, I almost threw the satchel - and its owner - straight out the window.

No actually it's not all that bad now that I'm safe at work in the pleasant air conditioning, and nursing a Venti Starbucks. The Coffee Guy even called me "Baby Girl". Would normally have made my skin crawl, but when one someone's outstretched hand offers me a delicious hot coffee, I can overlook just about anything. Tramp!

Remember that, people.

Oh and PS, thanks to "The Dodgy One" for depleting his Monopoly set to wire me stacks of cash. I will bring you home something extra special at Christmas. The rest of you - lumps of coal all round.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dam Baby Girl! Getting ready to get into it on da bus. North side rumble...

Unknown said...

haha yep something like it - decaffeinated north siders with frizzy hair are a very scary breed!

Anonymous said...

Baby girl?!

I got called "babe" continually by this dip-sh*t in Just Jeans one day. I was about ready to stab her with her pen - but George was holding both my hands at the time. So I head butted her.

hahah nah, kidding about the head butting and pen stabbing but it did irritate me. You're not my friend. Serve me, put my clothes in a bag and let be out of your shop in 2 mins. That's all I ask. :)

Anonymous said...

i'm starting to worry now ....!