Friday, April 21, 2006

We eat ham and jam and SPAMALOT


Sir Robin
Originally uploaded by Lucas Zingano.
In one of my more organised moments a few weeks ago, I bought Kate and I great tickets to see Monty Python's award-winning musical, "Spamalot".

Last night we headed off to the Cadillac Palace to watch the performance and oh my God it was just the best thing I've seen in so long.

The show was a trip down memory lane, as the story followed King Arthur and his knights in the quest for the Holy Grail.

I was a bit worried when the show appeared to just be a string of Python skits recited verbatim - funny, but not too original. But then the story started to unfold in a whole range of twisted (but typically Pythonesque) directions. The characters were so funny and the songs were great. What an eccentric performance!

And today Eric Idle was at the Borders store in State Street, signing copies of the Spamalot original cast recording CD. And Kate made the trip into the store to get us each a signed copy! How cool is that?! This CD has the voices of Tim Curry, Hank Azaria and David Hyde Pearce too, so it should be very amusing indeed.

No comments: